Youth Leadership Curriculum
Building Everyday Leadership in All Kids
Building Everyday Leadership in All Kids emphasizes that anyone can be a leader—and it’s never too early to start learning what leadership means and how to lead. This resource teaches youth leadership skills, engaging all emerging leaders at all emotional and academic levels, by taking a full, practical approach to building personal and group leadership attitudes. The easy-to-use activities, in categories such as Understanding Leadership, Communication, Working with Others, Problem Solving, and Making a Difference, are designed to promote group interaction, build self-confidence, and allow students to explore personal understanding.
Many of the youth leadership activities are grouped for grades K–3 or 4–6, while others can be used with some minor adaptations for any age in the range. A special set of activities is specifically geared toward kids who are transitioning to middle school.Buy Now!
Building Everyday Leadership in All Teens
Every teen can be a leader. That’s because youth leadership is not just about taking the lead in big ways, but in everyday small things, too. The 21 sessions in this book guide teens to explore what it means to be a leader, how to work with others, ethical decision-making, risk-taking, team-building, communication, creative thinking, and more. Teens learn what’s necessary to do something, even if that something is just speaking up.
Choose the sessions that seem best for your class or group, or explore leadership skills through an entire school year. Includes reproducibles, assessment tools, and exams.
Requires use of the student book, Everyday Leadership.Buy Now!
Everyday Leadership Youth Workbook & Journal
Written and experiential activities help teens discover their own leadership potential and develop skills that guide them to act responsibly and make a difference in the world around them. Teens gain a greater understanding of who they are, what matters to them, how that translates into leadership, and how leadership relates to everyday life. Written activities encourage reflection; “do something” activities call for commitment and action. Both enable teens to reach new levels of leadership. Created for use with Building Everyday Leadership in All Teens, this write-in journal also functions as a stand-alone resource for personal growth.Buy Now!
Everyday Leadership Cards Writing and Discussion Prompts
Help build leadership skills and instill a leadership attitude in young people with these writing and discussion prompts that encourage teens to think about their beliefs and goals. The easy-to-use cards are perfect for complete youth leadership activities or quick discussions between other activities. Use them in youth groups, as student leadership activities in school, or in one-on-one situations.
Every teen can be a leader. Help teens explore their leadership skills with the following topics:
- Qualities of Leadership
- Working with Others
- Power Play
- Creative Thinking & Risk Taking
- Social Issues
- Doing the Right Thing
- Leadership Through Time
Everyday Leadership Cards contain 60 double-sided cards with 120 prompts and a booklet with directions and suggestions for using the prompts. You can use the deck independently or as an extension to the award-winning Building Everyday Leadership curriculum.Buy Now!
Everyday Leadership Skills & Attitude Inventory CD-ROM
Pre- and post-assessment tool for youth leaders and educators
Help tweens and teens improve their leadership skills and attitudes with this field-tested youth leadership inventory. By responding to statements in categories such as Self-Awareness, Working with Others, Communicating, and Problem-Solving, young people gain valuable insights into their strengths, beliefs, and tendencies as leaders and explore ways they can enhance them.
The CD-ROM also contains:
- Directions for administering and scoring
- Overview of youth leadership and tips for developing educator skills
- Teen leadership activities
- Evaluation tools
- Connections to academic and leadership curricula
- Activities and discussion guidelines for leadership quotes and popular movies
Everyday Leadership Skills & Attitude Inventory is a great way to enhance and personalize your youth leadership development or character education program. Use the assessment on its own or with the Building Everyday Leadership curriculum.
- Effective resource to engage students in self-examination and self-improvement
- Affordable assessment and teaching tool for youth leaders and educators
- Extensive supplemental materials to build leadership skills
TeamBuilding with Teens
Youth leadership isn’t for just a chosen few. All teens can practice the skills and attitudes leaders use. The 36 hands-on activities in this book make learning about leadership meaningful and fun while building character. Teens are called on to recognize each other’s strengths, become better listeners, communicate clearly, identify their values, build trust, set goals, and more. Each activity takes 20–45 minutes, providing flexibility in deciding when and how to use them. This book can be used as a supplement to Building Everyday Leadership in All Teens or on its own.
Teambuilding with Teens includes:
- Everything you need at your fingertips: Background information, materials lists, step-by-step instructions, discussion questions, ideas for extending the learning, resources, reproducible forms, and guidelines for teen leaders.
- 36 easy-to-use, engaging activities arranged by topics and learning concepts so you can readily fit them into your curriculum or program.
- Active, creative learning experiences incorporate role-plays, discussions, simulations, building projects, writing exercises, and games.
- A flexible format: Use the activities in any sequence. Conduct as few or as many activities as you wish. Use them on their own, within an existing curriculum, or as part of a character education, conflict resolution, service learning, school-to-work, or leadership program.
Teambuilding with Teens is a complete resource to use in classrooms, after-school programs, community- and faith-based organizations, camps, youth retreats, student council meetings, athletic programs, and advisory groups.Buy Now!